Emilie Hallard and Lizette Nin, from a transfeminist and anti-racist perspective, provide tools for developing images along new ethical and creative lines. These tools will help participants to translate their social and artistic values and interests into images, to develop new, carefully crafted discourses, narratives and representations, and to further deconstruct their unconscious biases.
Participants will be invited to share their photographic work and reflect together on how to produce more ethical portraits.
WHAT WILL WE LEARN?
– Recognising the colonial and normative gaze in art history;
– Identifying our unconscious biases;
– Understanding the creation of the “Other”, dehumanisation and negative representations;
– Knowing and applying ethical and inclusive practices at the artistic level;
– Developing inclusive discourses and narratives free of racist, homophobic and sexist stereotypes;
– Appreciating a few examples of current enhanced photographic practices.
Workshop lasting 4.5 hours 12 participants, open to all levels. Coming soon in Barcelona Price: €30